Tuesday

EMBROIDERED PEACOCK BOX/BAG

I made this beautiful machine embroidered fabric box back in Jan. 2006....about a 12 hour stitch-out time and lots of thread changes...
I bought myself an embroidery machine just because I wanted one and I deserve it !!!! it's a stand alone emb. machine so I can use my regular sewing machine while it does its thing....and boy, does it work hard...I just do all the grunt work..LOL...change threads, clip jumps, hoop, and on & on....
It's a Janome 300e and I love it it stitches beautifully!!!! there was a bit of a learning curve for sure and I am self-taught...but for 2 months I did nothing but do stitch-outs on all types of fabrics and as many kinds of projects as possible...I was sew addicted !!!! anyway this was one of the projects....it can be a box or a purse...it is self-lined too...
I did not realize that these embroidery machines did all the hand-embroidery stitches such as needlepoint,cross stitch,free standing lace and many more...I think it will be very useful for making elements for future fiber art projects...
I have made some of my stitch-outs into handbags and they are for sale in my Etsy shop & in my EBAY store....


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: