Sunday

RUSTED FABRIC at last!!!


for the longest time I wanted to try the "rusted fabric" technique...
finally got around to it and here are the results...
a long process for sure...
first I had to find something that would rust....ummmm....you'd think that would be easy...NOT !
finally found some old bolts...
than I put the wet fabric and bolts in a can with water and let it sit for a few weeks...not much happened....so I put the whole mess in a plastic bag and let it sit in the sun for a few more weeks....a little more rusting took effect but still not what I was hoping for....so than I put some oak leaves into the brew and let it sit a few more weeks....ummmm...waiting, waiting, waiting....still not what I expected....so I stuck the fabric, bolts and yucky leaves in the ground for a few more weeks....and behold!!! here is what finally developed!!!! also the fabric started to deteriorate in spots...so that signaled the end of this experiment....I think I'll stick to painting fabrics...I like instant gradifacation at this stage of my life....LOL.....

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MargaretR said...

Of course I have visited before, just haven't seen these pages(smile)