Friday

ABSTRACT Thoughts

last year we went to the "BIG CITY" on a tour kinda' thing...
when I got home I was compelled to paint these fabrics...they are large...36" x 44" on muslin...I was new to fabric painting and have had no formal training...I put them away ... and only now, a year later have taken them out to look at them again...and I must say I really do like them!!!

I had posted a question/comment to 2 of my favorite yahoo groups about what/and/or the difference is between an ABSTRACT quilt and/or an ART quilt....

my observation is that and ABSTRACT quilt is more clean and simple design wise and an ART quilt is more of anything goes/over the top and not conventional...as opposed to TRADITIONAL quilts which are striving for more perfection in stitches, size, design,pattern, color ect....

BUT an ABSTRACT quilt can be either an ART quilt or a TRADITIONAL quilt.......depending on what kind of workmanship is put into it....
well, I'm definitely an ART quilt type ...I love the element of surprise!!!! and have no talent for perfect stitches ect.....

anyway, after seeing my abstract painted pieces I have decided to make them into ABSTRACT ART QUILTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Posted by Picasa

No comments: