Wednesday

Painted Fabric postcard exchange "SUNSPOTS"

I made these postcards from the left over fabric I had painted for the Quilting Arts Abstract challenge...
these postcards will be going to a yahoo group exchange...
I handpainted muslin...than cut it up in little squares and raw edged appliqued them to batting....than added handpainted gauze and free-motion stitched...than put the postcard together...as I was making them all I could think of was how it remided me of SUNSPOTS....so that is what the series is called....


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

sue b said...

SuZ these cards are awesome! I can't wait to see one in person.

Helen in the UK said...

Love these Sunspot cards - esp the way you have cut and recombined the pieces :)

StegArt said...

These are beautiful SuZ. Isn't is amazing that something so simple in concept can turn out so wonderfully? Sometimes I think I overthink my projects. Thanks, you've inspired me.