Wednesday

Adventure at the Post Office-a postal story

mailed pc's out today!!! but what an ordeal at the postoffice...you'd think they never saw mail before..LOL...I had bought my stamps and put them on before I even got to the post office..39centers...which is first class mail...and I wanted the clerk to handcancel them before I put them in the clear sleeve...well, the clerk could only see a postcard...and had to call his superviser out to ok this...now the superviser told me no way was he going to let me mail these as postcards...he had to measure & pull out some gizmo to slide it through to be sure it fit and than there was the question of the thickness & so on... and than gave me a big long lecture that they may get messed up in the machines or mess up the machines or something....blah blah blah....they never heard a word I said about the 39 cent stamp...after much ado about nothing...(about 10 mins.) ... they finally realized I was sending first class not pc rate...now these guys are not newbies so there really is no excuse for that kind of behavior...geeeez....after they realized it was first class postage it was OK to send them...the post office should be more than happy about us sending this mailart...THEY SELL MORE STAMPS for heavensakes!!!! I pay all my bills on line now (as do millions of others)and do not buy stamps except for sending out art now...anyway, it was an adventure..LOL....

and I hope I don't have to go through that again with each clerk...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Helen in the UK said...

We don't have the option of hand cancelling in the UK. Maybe it is just as well judging by all the different receptions people seem to get to their requests. I just add stamps and stick them in the post box :)

StegArt said...

Wow, I haven't taken any to the PO yet, now I'm scared. Especially since someone at work told me about one of the gals working at the local PO that thinks she's the PO Police. What to do? What to do?