Saturday

ABSTRACT ART QUILTIE for QA





Geeeeez...........I haven't posted for a very long time !!! I'm doing a kitchen make-over (myself, with a little help from my DH) and have not been looking a blogs or blogging myself....just painting cabinets ***inside & out***and moving stuff & moving stuff & moving more stuff !!! when this project is finished I will post pics....


In the mean time here are the pictures of my ABSTRACT ART QUILTIE that I sent to Quilting Arts magazine challenge....

I took the photo of a marigold from my garden and than I painted my own fabric...and cut it up....stitched it back together...and it has a little beading too...like dew drops...I called it "MARIGOLD SQUARED" .... I tried to keep it simple like I thought an abstract should be...I sooooo wanted to add more but to me an "abstract" is a basic interpetation of the subject...so here it is!!!!

5 comments:

sue b said...

Wow very cool Suz! Are you planning on entering their latest challenge too? I'm thinking about it but am not sure.

Micki said...

This is a very nice piece, Suz.

Anonymous said...

So that's where you've been. Well hopefully your kitchen project will end successfully. This is a great abstract piece. I thought about submitting for that challenge and then spaced it out. I need to start writing these things down.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic piece Suz! I really like the colors. Great to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean about your kitchen makeover - been there done that!

I love your quilt. The colours are just wonderful.

Have a great Christmas.

Carol