Monday

ANCESTORS circa 1920's ?

WALTER & MAY OK, this first picture is of my Grandparents & my Grandmother's best friend...they went to the "shore" (Atlantic City) from Philadelphia on a regular basis...and this is a photo postcard...very popular back in the day !!!!

second picture is my grandmother May with her best friend...sorry, I do not recall her name...I'll ask my Mother...she may know....

and the 3rd picture postcard is my grandmother May & her favorite sister Jane and again with the best friend...
my Mother has a ton of picture albums from her childhood...she was born in 1927...my Grandparents were always up on the latest technology...the first on the block to get electric-radio-tv ... whatever it was they had it first...LOL...they would have loved this whole internet thing, for sure....my grandmother lived to 99 & my grandfather till age 76....they both came from Poland when they were young teenagers...




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joanna van said...

Now those are some really cool photos. It's amazing they could even swim in those outfits eh? The ladies even wore shoes on the beach. Funny how times change...I bet the ladies of that day would be shocked by the bikini's of today.

Anonymous said...

These are great. Walter looks very debonair and Jane - her personality absolutely explodes out to the viewer!
Wonderful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any old pictures of relatives like this. Maybe my mum does ... I'll have to check :)

Anonymous said...

These are lovely photos Suz. I know people use found photos, but having the real thing is so much better, when you know who the people are and have names for them. Especially when it's family. You are so lucky to own them.

Anonymous said...

Those are really fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing them Suz!

Patsy said...

Those are so neat!!! I LOVE old photos!!! I have all my ancestors photos taken in Sweden, some on the boat and others here!!!
Awesome Suz!!!
Patsy