Tuesday

SWAP MELTDOWN !!!!!

Well, it was bound to happen....I had a SWAP MELTDOWN...LOL...yep, it's true...here's what happened...
it was getting really really close to a valentine postcard swap deadline...I mean like 3 days...talk about pressure...I had no idea yet as to what I was going to make...I only needed to create 4 postcards...not a big deal when you have some kind of idea...but when you are in one of those creative voids it may as well be a thousand....you all know what I mean...you've most likely been there-done that-right? ....well, I played around & played around and finally things started to come together...so off & running I was on getting these pc's finished and feeling quite content with myself...ha!!! I printed out my list of addresses and started addressing the pc's...as I got to the 4th one I realised my name was not on the swap list! OH NO!!!!!! did I forget to sign-up for this swap???? I thought I did :0( ....went back to closed swaps & looked again...my name was NOT on this list...ummmm...DUH...I was looking at the WRONG list...there were 2 groups for the valentine swap...and I had addressed these fiber postcards to the OTHER swap list...Geezzzzz...panic....now there is no way I'm gonna be able to correct this without making a mess of the fiber postcards...........soooooo........my solution was to MAKE MORE and just send them to ALL the swappers on both lists....sooooo it looks like EVERYONE who signed up for the VALENTINE swap at SURFACE DESIGN will receive a pc from me...and YES I did make the deadline after all....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whew!!!!!!!!! I think I need a break from swaps for awhile...

so the pic of the pc's is above....I used a few techniques on vintage velvet (embellished felt & decroative stitches) Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Joanna van said...

Those are really great...I hope you get in the magazine for all your troubles!

Anonymous said...

These are great Valentines SuZ

Anonymous said...

I think you need a glass of wine, or perhaps a cup of coffee..LOL. This is too funny. They are great, by the way. Hey, I'm on the ?>!@ list....do I qualify????? HE HE HE

Anonymous said...

Great cards. Glad you made your deadline and I'm sure the recipients of the extra cards will love your mistake :)

Anonymous said...

this made me chuckle, I am sure the recipients of the other list will be thrilled

happy design said...

Hi there Suz,
I was browsing your blog(s), and then found this story...All I can say is: this could have definitely been me...I felt so mirrored by your experience...
take care, Susi in central Jersey