Saturday

NJ Quilt show & failed Tyvek

Thursday we went to the Quilt Fest of New Jersey lll up at Somerset, NJ....this is not a really large quilt show but really does showcase some wonderfull quilts...I was impressed with how many "Art Quilts" are now represented...it wasn't that long ago when this type of quilt was not even allowed in top quilt exhibit's....I was very excited to see the one women show of Jeanne R Beck....WOW !!! (She has an article in Quilting Arts #25 page 63) .... to see her art quilts up close and personal is beyond belief...the texture & colors & size is so much better than the pictures in the magazine or on her web site!!! I love her work....a lot of the pieces from her web site were on display here...it was a real treat for me! Yay!!!






On another note....






here are a few pics of my tyvek experiments I did today....and BlackJack shows his opinon of them...LOL...I feel the same way...VBG...I was trying for flowers & leaves...and the other will just be used as some sort of elements in a project....






also is a pic of another experiment I did with weaving felt/fancy fibers/wrapped & beaded pipe cleaners...before and after I zapped it....I like this piece...weaving idea from WOW...

12 comments:

Joanna van said...

I love your weaving adn the colors are really beautiful. Any ideas what you'll do with it?

Joanna

Purple Missus said...

you have every right to like your piece of weaving. Its brilliant. Love the colours and it looks good before and after zapping.
Did Blackjack not have an opinion on this piece :))

StegArt said...

I like your tyvek pieces, I'm betting you'll find just the right project to use them with. The weaving is great too. But I have to say, Blackjack steals the show.

Micki said...

Your tyvek pieces look fine. And I really like the weaving. Blackjack is probably telling you he didn't care for the fumes from the tyvek.
P U!

Emmy said...

I love the weaving very colorful

Doreen G said...

Thanks for your comments Suz and glad I could help with the tyvek.
If you do WOW there was a good article by Maggie Grey in the Sept issue about tyvek and molding mats.
Love the weaving piece also

MargaretR said...

I'm sure your Tyvek samples can be used in some great project and I love the weaving.

Helen in the UK said...

Sorry the Tyvek didn't work out how you wanted. LOVE the weaving sample :)

Gunnels blog said...

I have bought tyvek for over a year ago, but didn´t try it yet, Maybe it´s time now!

Dianne said...

I like your tyvek pieces - they look like flowes to me!! That weaving piece is gorgeous - love that!!

Carol said...

That tyvek is gorgeous! Ilove the olours

Hannah Katarski said...

haha! I used to have a cat called BlackJack - he lived forever! Not as long as his 18 year old sister, though.