Sunday

my Art 2 Mail group #17 box

fabric box for art 2 mail #17 postcards..................open w/pc's inside.....................................

25 postcards inside fabric box...................... feet on fabric box............................................

Posted by Picasa
last Sept. I joined what I thought was the Art 2 Mail group...well, as it turned out they do not accept any new members into the original group....but they wait till 25 people sign-up & they send a list out to these 25 to form a group....and that's it!!!! soooooooooooooooo....I found myself with a list of 25 names of people who want to trade pc's......I waited 24 hrs. to see if someone on the list was going to pick it up ....not a peep....so I jumped in & asked if they wanted to open a Yahoo group & went ahead & opened one....that worked out fine & I was able to learn a lot by moderating the group....we had an almost 100% trade in a 4 month time span...a great bunch of ladies for sure...and about half went on to form another Yahoo group because they formed a close bond....anyway, I have been wanting to make a fabric box for pc's since I saw Sue B's last Oct. .....
and here is my result...
this one is just for the #17 group exchange...
I wanted to make my own fabric from the postcards soI scanned the pc's I had recieved & printed them out in my inkjet printer onto silk fabric...I free-motioned quilted the fabric & made the measurements for the box to fit the postcard group....I made feet for the box by rolling up left over craft pellon...I'm happy with them ....and than I embellished the box lid with a fabric bead made from scrap postcard fabric...this box has an attached lid...I am very pleased with project....


6 comments:

Sue B said...

Suz this box is fab! Love it. Great colors, and I like the double panels - nice touch. Really well done!

Waltraud said...

This box is so nice, The colours are wonderful,
greetings from Germany
Waltraud

MargaretR said...

I love it too SuZ. I've also wanted to make one ever since I saw Sue B's postcard box. I must do something about it!

Patsy said...

What an awesome idea!!!! I have mine stacked in a basket, must get busy and make me a box!!!!
Patsy

Alis said...

You should be pleased, it is great.
Glad you enjoyed the yahoo group too.
Hugs, Alis

Anonymous said...

As a member of group#17--I love the box you created and am pleased to see your blog. Judy in SD