Wednesday

Color Study in Texture

I have been playing with color & texture...this is going to be a series of postcards...made entirely with the BabyLock Embellisher & pulling whatever I have in my studio...


this is Aqua....color does not show well but you get the idea...
background fabric is a crinkle cotton punched into a craft pellon..than dyed cheesecloth-angelina-fancy yarns-silk ribbon was punched on...I love the effect...



close-up...




and the next color is orange...done the same way....I want to do as many colors as I can over the summer...

Sunday

and more rust-day 3


day 3 of rusting fabric...I used a variety of white cotton fabrics....they all took the rust but each has a different look...this dragon image turned out well....

this piece I had used for the "drop cloth" from the first day and than re-used for the sun face impression on day 3....I find it very interesting...it's a large piece...close to a yard...


3 large pieces (folded)
more "drop cloths" (cloth put under rusty items)... they produce faint images ...

Saturday

Rust fabric-day 2-rusting

day 2 of rusting fabric...pic of my rusty fairies & friend....this batch turned out a bit different than day 1...it was a much cooler day and I also did not rub the fabric onto the rusties like I did on day 1...so the images are not as clear...I'm doing one more batch today...a warmer day...and will post the results tomorrow....
a sun face...
a dragon...you can see the bubble-wrap impression on his body...
fairy...
hummer....

Thursday

Rusty Fairies day 1





OK-here are my first day experiments with rusting cotton fabric...

I took my rusty garden fairies and placed them on bubble wrap... than I placed wet cotton fabric made with a solution of vinegar & water on top of them...than sprinked salt on top...so far (about 12 hrs) this is my result !!! I did rewet them during the day...I'm going to let it cure over-night & see what happens in the morning....next time I will place another piece of cotton fabric under them too....also I found these rusty garden tools and wrapped them with the same solution of wet cotton...so far look'n pretty good !!! .... much easier than the one I did last year...

Tuesday

Embellisher-Art-Postcards~~~Wildflowers~~~





I made these postcards for a swap I'm in at Myfanwy Hart's---Embellisher-Art-Postcards group...they are made entirely with my BabyLock Embellisher. (except the edging-zig-zagged w/my Janome 6600) --- background is cheap black lining fabric machine-needle punched into craft pellon...than the pretty yarns/ fibers/ organza ribbons & a tad of Angelina are all machine needle-punched to the background fabric...BUT a flower patch MUST have bug of some sort !!!! soooo....I added the dragonfly element that I had purchased at the last quilt show I attended...perfect!!!!!!

I am pleased with this series....