Wednesday

Color Study in Texture

I have been playing with color & texture...this is going to be a series of postcards...made entirely with the BabyLock Embellisher & pulling whatever I have in my studio...


this is Aqua....color does not show well but you get the idea...
background fabric is a crinkle cotton punched into a craft pellon..than dyed cheesecloth-angelina-fancy yarns-silk ribbon was punched on...I love the effect...



close-up...




and the next color is orange...done the same way....I want to do as many colors as I can over the summer...

13 comments:

Sue B said...

Very cool Suz!

StegArt said...

These are great! I love the subtle addition of orange in your turquoise card. Can't wait to see more of these in more colors.

Purple Missus said...

These are fabulous SuZ and I love your photographic layouts - very clever stuff.

Helen in the UK said...

Oh, these look yummy :)

MargaretR said...

These are lovely SuZ. Great closeup at the bottom.

Dianne said...

They look great SuZ. Like the idea of studying colours in this way. The orange one is my favourite - so bright and cheery!!

Happy House Quilts said...

this is an awesome idea!!! Great job...Oh I would have to make them into something. To just sit with the colors would be awesome too! Love it!

Micki said...

Looking great, Suz. Love these two colors. Can't wait to see more.

Fran├žoise said...

Very lovely Suz!
The orange one is really great.

Alis said...

Great idea for a study. I love the textures you have created.

Judy Rys said...

Very nice. Love the texture and depth.

Waltraud said...

Great texture and good colours. Thank you for the inspirations.

Carol said...

Simply stunning. I love them.