Thursday

Rusty Fairies day 1





OK-here are my first day experiments with rusting cotton fabric...

I took my rusty garden fairies and placed them on bubble wrap... than I placed wet cotton fabric made with a solution of vinegar & water on top of them...than sprinked salt on top...so far (about 12 hrs) this is my result !!! I did rewet them during the day...I'm going to let it cure over-night & see what happens in the morning....next time I will place another piece of cotton fabric under them too....also I found these rusty garden tools and wrapped them with the same solution of wet cotton...so far look'n pretty good !!! .... much easier than the one I did last year...

12 comments:

StegArt said...

Wow, those fairy images really came out good.

Joanna van said...

What a great idea...love those rust fairies..very organic! So, what will you do with them?

Purple Missus said...

Brilliant. You're going to have some fun with this fabric. I love those rust fairies.

MargaretR said...

They have turned out so well Suz. I didn't sprinkle salt over mine before wrapping in the plastic. I will sprinkle some on during the day.

Sue B said...

Gosh Suz, you got great results! It will be iteresting to see how much the fabric changes once you wash it.

Dianne said...

Oh SuZ, I LOVE those fairies!!! They look soooo mystical printed like that.....now where can I find some fairy ornaments like that - off a hunting I go...

Helen in the UK said...

Those fairies are GORGEOUS!!

Sapphire Dakini said...

The fairies are just wicked cool!

Angelcat said...

Wow your rust fairies are just stunning!

Emmy said...

wonderful I love the fairies

sandra wyman said...

Fascinating - this looks really good - must try!

Carol said...

Wow! Fantastic results Sue. The fairies are simply gorgeous, I love fairies.