Thursday

Art Nouveau Poppy postcard


postcards made for swap on Surface Design yahoo group...Art Nouveau was the theme...I wanted to try a tissue paper technique...I traced the design onto white tissue paper than fused it to white craft felt....than I satin stitched the outline of the flower & stems...I used oil pastels to color the flowers & background....fused it to a lite craft pellon...zig-zagged the edges...sprayed it lightly with a fixative because the tissue seemed a bit delicate...I very much like the way they turned out...






12 comments:

Carol said...

I love the poppies. Great use of the principles of design!

Alis said...

They are just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

WOW - those postcards are stunning. Thank you for explaining your technique, I definitely have to try that.
Cheers .... Anne

StegArt said...

I very much like how they turned out also! Great ideas with the use of your supplies.

NuvoFelt said...

Lovely, SuZ. You have captured them perfectly

Joanna van said...

SuZ, I received one of these awesome creations in the mail. It is really lovely and I love how you painted the tissue paper with oil sticks. Thanks SuZ!

Micki said...

These are just lovely. Thanks for sharing how you created them.

MargaretR said...

These are lovely Suz. Thanks for sharing your method.

tiffini elektra x said...

This is so absolutely stunning! Just gorgeous and fabulous that you share your technique!

Susan said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing your technique. I would never have guessed how it was done!
Susan

Dianne said...

I love how they turned out - gorgeous!! Thanks for telling us how you made them SuZ!!!

Gunnels blog said...

these are really lovely!