Saturday

Blue Goddess Journal

I made a few journals for gifts...I saw this technique somewhere awhile ago...but I can't remember where...ummmm....

these are raw-edge patchwork...the goddess element is machine embroidered onto my handpainted fabric and I used scraps of fabrics/yarn/ribbon for texture & color...on the inside is a pocket for a pen/pencil...I used an art paper & deckled the edges & made 4 signatures to sew into the journal...and a ribbon closure...

the pictures show the front & back and also the inside...

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Micki said...

They look great, SuZ.

StegArt said...

Fabulous handmade books!

Alis said...

Great books SuZ. Love the colours and the little goddess.

Carol said...

They are fabulous SuZ. I really do like your hand painted fabric. The colours and texture are wonderful.

Carol said...

Gorgeous, lovely colours, I like the raw edge technique

Dianne said...

Oh SuZ, I love these!! Especially the one on the right....

Judy said...

Wonderful journal cover and I'm really inspired by your Popy postcards..Now I want some oil pastels...I'm giving away an Art Birdy on my blog if your interested.. you can scroll down to see what they are..

Jacquelines blog said...

they look great, a bit African I think. Beautiful fabrics.