Saturday

answer to "what's this?"

OK you guys--- you were all VERY close to the figuring out what this technique is....you smarties you....

YES, it's paper---- a scrunched up MAGAZINE page!

Yes, I used embossing powder with a heat tool !


I used a dark color magazine page...scrunched it up & applied it to cardstock that I had run through my xyron machine for a super sticky adhesive...than I brayered it down...than dry brushed a bit of gesso...than took an ink pad to the folds and added some embossing ink and embossing powder & zapped it with a heat tool !!! and that's it !!! it was fast and easy...I found this technique on a yahoo group as a challenge....

I was looking for a simple technique for the presentation of my embellished art squares....so this worked out great...

thanks for playing & leaving your comments....I appreciate you taking the time to do that....

sorry it took so long to get the "answer" up .... but I wanted the art squares to get to their new homes before I posted this....

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Micki said...

What a fun technique for making a great looking background. Your art squares look great, too.

Maureen said...

Now that I've seen the results for myself,I'll try to find time to try it out!Thanks SuZ

Dianne said...

I was close!!!! Love how you explained how you made them - lucky recipients of these beauties....