Tuesday

Tag Challenge - Arty-facts & Monet-ish

I made these tags for a challenge on Carol T's Yahoo group....
I started with a tag shape & glued some fabric paper I made last year to the shape...wrapped it around the tag...than I started to play with embossing powders & built up some texture with Misty Fuse & nettings...all melted together with heat tool...great textures! this was just the backgrounds...than on each tag I added different elements....bits & pieces of Model-Magic air dry clay---Tyvek---hot glue shapes---beads---lots of Lumiere paints...fancy yarns...
I had a great time playing with this....they look so much better in person though...I could not get a picture to capture all the niffy texture & color...oh well...I did use up some stuff I had from experimenting with different techniques from last year...the lesson is ---NEVER THROW ANYTHING AWAY !!! hahaha.....


Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Homeleightigger said...

These are amazing Suz - the textures and colours just blow me away!!

Doreen G said...

Fantastic Suz the colours are amazing

Carol said...

They are delightful Suz, love them, they would sell well i think?

Micki said...

Love these SuZ. They have wonderful textures.

StegArt said...

Very, very nice! You've gone above and beyond the challenge, I'd say.

Dianne said...

Love these SuZ!! The textures look amazing...and beautiful, shimmering colours.

Alis said...

Fabulous. I love the textures.

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

I think these are the prettiest tags I've ever seen.

Anna Nowicki said...

Love the tags - which I really had joined the tag swap!

Maureen said...

SuZ
The tags are great.......I had no idea a common ol' cardboard tag could be so drop dead gorgeous.

Emmy said...

these tags are so wonderful

Patsy said...

Beautiful tags Suz I love the backgrounds!!!! Awesome!!! I want to make some!!!!

SeamRippstress said...

Gorgeous textures! What a beautiful result of techniques.

Carol said...

Absolutely beautiful tags, simply stunning.

MargaretR said...

What can I say the others haven't said already SuZ. Beautiful textures.

Stitchety Grub said...

Wow! such "yummy" work - fabulous
Britt

Susan said...

Hi!
I agree with Susan Cleveland! These are indeed the prettiest tags I've ever seen!
Susan