Saturday

Feeling Blue Swap

I used my new toy-"the flower stitcher foot" to make a 5" square quiltie for a trade...the theme was "Feeling Blue" ... I put a blue piece of chiffon over the top & zapped it...but it hardly shows...next time I will use a more contrasting piece...also did a little beading...
and in the same trade was a bookmark challenge...so there are my 2 bookmarks done with my Babylock embellisher...love that machine...punched asst. fibers onto blue cotton & added a bit of beading...statin-stitched the edges...added fibers for the tassel...



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Doreen G said...

Great work Suz
I love your "flower stitch" flowers- great variations in them.

Quilt Pixie said...

great designer fabrics you've created :-)

Dianne said...

Fantastic SuZ. Love the flowers!! You've inspired me to try and find my flower stitch foot - now where is it??!!

Homeleightigger said...

These are just amazing SuZ - such glorious textures I want to touch! Val

MODERATOR: Dena Crain said...

I first noticed your 5" square, but didn't pay attention to the bookmarks. Their shape implied "wine bottle carrier" to me. Maybe that will inspire you towards a new project. Also looks like Structured Fabrics to me, but that's probably only because I have that name etched into my brain!

Well done, SuZ!

Dena

StegArt said...

Wonderful SuZ! I still haven't felt the urge to purchase one of these special feet for my machine, but I'm not going to say I never will.

Alis said...

I got one of the bookmarks and I love it. Lots of texture - I keep stroking it ;0)
Thank you SuZ