Thursday

Instant Art Quilt

WoW ! thanks Ellen for the link from your website ! I'm honored ! & be sure everyone & ck out another IAQ I did with Ellen's AWESOME technique called "RUSTY FAIRY" ... here's the link...
http://suzstuff.blogspot.com/2008/02/rusty-fairy-art-quilt-2008.html

I took an on-line class from Ellen Lindner call "Instant Art Quilts" ....

http://tinyurl.com/2fr6ds

...this was a super fun class & Ellen is a great on-line teacher !!! I highly recommend this class for anyone who wants instant gratification with an art piece...I love it !!!!

here are my results....

I started with a not so great piece of my handpainted art cloth...but with Ellen's fantastic technique it has turned into fab-u-lious wall art !!!
I made the larger art quilt first & with the left over scraps made the second smaller quilt....

this is the first Instant Art Quilt...



this is the not so great painted cloth...







and than I made another one...and than another small one with the left over scraps...it reminds me of when I was a kid & my little sister & I had to wear the same outfits...big sister & little sister..LOL...

I will most likely add some surface embellishment to the 2 smaller art quilts...I do like the glitz !!!!!


sorry if the pictures are not in order...BUT I just cannot figure this blogger thing out...it's very frustrating for me.... I'd rather be making art quilts...vbg...



and this is the not very pretty painted muslin...........................................

8 comments:

Doreen Kinkade said...

Oh, They are fabulous. Great job.
I am taking that class too, but I am behind.

DejaBlu said...

Sneaking in to let you know.... you won an art bag purse from over on my give away at http://dejablu503.livejournal.com/, could you email me your shipping info? dejablu503@yahoo.com

Micki said...

What a wonderful way to salvage something you thought wasn't so great at first.

Patsy said...

WOW!!! I love them!!!! I'm taking her color class first and then will do this class. I love them!!!
Good job.

Purple Missus said...

Oh Suz, I think that even the pieces you say are 'not so great' are still fabulous and yet you have managed to make them look even better. This sounds like a really good class to take - I'm going to follow the link.

Alis said...

Great quilts, so vibrant. I love them.

daydreamstudios said...

These are really cool!
Karla

You're invited!!!!

What: A Blog Party

Where: http://daydreamstudios.blogspot.com/2008/02/welcome-to-my-humble-blog.html

When: Now thru next Tuesday

Why: Becuase I made it to 100 posts (wasn't sure I'd make it past 3)

Time: My blog never sleeps, so come when you can.

Who: You of course, bring a friend too.

P.S.: I have a present to give away!

Helen said...

Hello neighbor!! Greetings from Cape May Court House. Your quilt is beautiful! I have also taken a class by Ellen. It was the Sticky Fingers class (Brooke's Eyes). It is posted at
http://helenernst.blogspot.com/ (labeled under ART) and on Ellen's student gallery. I am now Following your site.