Thursday

Rusty Fairy Art Quilt-2008

last spring I was crazy for rusting fabrics...I made some rusted images from my garden ornaments .... http://suzstuff.blogspot.com/2007/05/rusty-day-2.html ....the images were a bit large & I had no clue what I was going to do with them...WELL ! I am happy to report that I have made an Art Quilt with one of the rusty fairy images & my handpainted cloth...same technique I used from Ellen Lindner's IAQ class...the backing is also from the rusted fabric with patches of the handpainted cloth sewn on with metalic thread...I used metalic thread on the front too...and painted wonder under for some of the rectangles...I am pleased to be able to use the pretty rusty fairy & have it all come together for this wall quilt....the colors look softer in real life ....




8 comments:

Purple Missus said...

These colours look stunning together Sue - one of my favourite combinations. I used indigo blue and mustard procion dyes and got almost the same effect. I didn't have the added bonus of the fairy though :)
A fabulous quilt, you must be very pleased with it.

Doreen Kinkade said...

The colors are gorgeous together.
You sure are having fun with this.

Patsy said...

Again AWESOME Suz!!!

Micki said...

Wow, great quilt SuZ. Love the fairy.

Jan said...

wow these colours really compliment one another - super work.
Jx

MargaretR said...

I love the quilt SuZ. The colours are fantastic together.

Alis said...

Absolutely gorgeous SuZ.

Phyl said...

I remember last year when you were doing wonderful rusty pieces of fabric!Now here they are w/the fabulous hand-painted blues you made...what a pretty quilt!