Saturday

Vintage SuZan-early 1990's-Altered Jean Jackets/Vests










































with so much "ALTERED CLOTHING" becoming popular again I thought I would post a few pics of "ART to WEAR" jean jackets & vests I made back in the early 1990's....I made over 200 collage-decorated jean jackets to sell in my up-scale boutique-way back than! these I show here are my own personal jackets & vests that I still have...lol...I may have pics of some of the others on video...I'll have to go look...maybe I can get them put on a cd or something...anyway here's a show for ya'.............



I used appliques/stamps/paint/glitter/trims/beads & more...
I also re-cycled the black sun/moon vest (1993) for Artiology 2004 by adding with paint more swirls and the name/date of the event ... the theme was Time Travel...so it worked out perfect...I took a class with Pamela Allen & Jackie Sullivan & ???, darn, can't recall her name now...but I'll add it when I remember...
















2 comments:

~*~Pearl~*~ said...

Wow I love your blog!! You have some awesome pieces hear to look at!!

Cyber Fyber said...

Hi!
Today I'm creating labels for the ATCs in the upcoming CYBER FYBER exhibition but I can't resist sneaking a peek into some of the blogs while I work. I'm so glad I looked in on your wonderful blog. I've on a blog diet of sorts too. CYBER FYBER has pretty much taken over all time to read other blogs! I love the 5 x 5 quilties you've made. Thanks for sharing your unique style. The outfits are wonderful...timeless in the sense that, yes, you could certainly wear them as proudly now as when they were created. Great pieces! Thanks especially for trading with me!
Susan
CYBER FYBER and also
http://artbysusanlenz.blogspot.com